My day today
- My Boss: Hey, did you ever finish that flyer I asked you to design?
- Me: Yes... I sent it to you weeks ago.
- My Boss: Oh. Well, I didn't look at it. Can you send it again? And print off a copy for the meeting tomorrow?
- Me: ...
- Me: *fighting the annoyed tone in my voice* Okay.
- My Boss: Hey, this is much better than last year's! I kinda don't want to change anything.
- Me: Oh...? *much less annoyed and slightly stunned tone* Okay.
Friendly reminder that actors playing villains (*cough cough*Loki and Khan*coughcough*) work damn hard to make their performances multi-dimensional and to perform brilliantly, they want you to be unsure of how to feel but they also want you to see that they are manipulative and scheming, they want to show how their character will go to any lengths to get what they want and reducing these performances to ‘he’s just misunderstood’ or ‘he’s a good guy really, he just made some bad choices’ is a discredit to the actors phenomenal performances.
i was arguing with my (antigay) dad about gay rights and at the end i was like “i totally crushed u tbh i countered every argument you had” and he was like “but did you change my viewpoint tho” and i was like “i can lead a horse to water but i cant make it stare its reflection in the face and realize its an ass”